You’re moved into your new home and guess what, everybody wants to come check it out! Not only that but you may want to start getting to know your new neighbors, colleagues, etc. There’s a solution for that…a housewarming party!
Housewarming parties are great for a number of reasons; they allow you to meet your new neighbors, let your friends and family see your new home, and let your neighbors meet your friends and family. Now when you go out of town your neighbors may recognize who’s house sitting for you. If you’re inviting new neighbors, or anyone you don’t know yet, invite them in person if possible, they’ll likely feel more comfortable going to your party if they’ve met you before. If moving with kids, make sure their friends are invited also. This could be a good opportunity to get to know their new friends’ parents, any of their friends’ parents for that matter. Working with new colleagues? Invite them too, the more the merrier!
Now you just need to figure out what you want to make and what you want to do. As we impatiently await the return of warmer weather we’ll dream up a housewarming party to match! Check out the below ideas!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs – These handheld snacks are a great switch up to the standard BBQ party menu and will surely be a hit among your guests! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/424323596127350236/
- Loaded Tater Tot Skewers – The only thing better than tater tots? Loaded tater tots! These will pair nicely with the other listed items. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/424323596127350234/
- Cheese Ball Bites – Another party classic with a twist! Take your favorite cheese ball recipe or two and turn them bite size! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/424323596127350224/
- Cheesecake Bars – Grab some toppings and before you know it you have a create your own cheesecake bar, you can’t beat that! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/424323596127350227/
There are endless choices for themes and food! These options are more for a casual BBQ style housewarming party. Drinks are pretty simple; grab some wine, beer, pop, water and you’re good to go! Don’t forget some juice for the kids!
- Corn Hole – Weather permitting, pick your teams, grab a piece of paper, set up the championship rounds and let the fun begin! This will be a great way to mingle with everybody and have fun. Have small prizes on hand for the winning team.
- Darts – Just make sure to have this set up where nothing fragile can be damaged…hopefully it’s in a place like that to start with!
- House Tours – Plan a couple large tours or just go as people ask; it’s all a matter of your preference. Maybe have a couple people that can give tours also such as significant others, children, relatives or friends that are familiar with your new home and able to lead some tours.
Music is always good for a party, have a variety going that your guests can enjoy. Also make sure that there is plenty of seating available whether it be inside or outside, you want your guests to feel comfortable. Hopefully these ideas help you make your plans for your perfect housewarming party!
If you’re planning ahead and haven’t moved yet then give us a call here at Parma Movers, Inc. to schedule your free in-home survey!
216.741.4747 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Samantha Barkley